Chapter 5

Table of contents

"Even though she's the Miss of the Nangong family, she's called Huang Quan, and that's the second suspicious point," Huang Quan casually remarked. "If I'm not mistaken, there should be some connection between me and this body."

"Why are you so sure?" the voice inquired.


"The jade pendant has always been quiet, but as soon as it moved, it transported me to another world. It wouldn't choose someone unrelated to me," Huang Quan explained. "And don't you find it strange?"


"What's strange about it?" the voice asked.


"I've possessed gods, I've possessed demons, and I've even built my own body. But whether it's a god, a demon, or a body I've created myself, none of them could withstand my soul," Huang Quan said. "The Heavenly Dao once told me that this is because my soul's power is too strong and has a specific nature, so those bodies couldn't handle it."


"Gods and demons' bodies couldn’t withstand my soul, but this body can not only withstand it but my soul is somehow fused with it," Huang Quan continued. "Isn't that strange enough?"


The voice remained silent for a while before saying, "I don't understand why it's like this."


Huang Quan sighed  "Actually, I don't understand it either."


"But if I'm not wrong, I should belong to this world, not the Underworld," Huang Quan said. "The Heavenly Dao couldn't trace my origin, and the first Lord of the Underworld said I appeared suddenly. These are enough to indicate a problem."


"What are you planning to do next?" the voice asked. "Do you want to be this person?"


"Why not?" Huang Quan replied. "She is Huang Quan, and I am Huang Quan. Plus, there's some kind of connection between me and this body. Why shouldn't I be her?"


"Alright," the voice said. "Since you've made up your mind, I won't dissuade you. Anyway, I'll be with you wherever you go."


Huang Quan chuckled. "You have a soul contract with me, so even if you wanted to leave, you couldn't."


"True," the voice agreed. "Even without the contract, I wouldn't leave you."


"Okay," Huang Quan said softly. "I know."


"Quan Quan, I've expended some of my power this time. I need to go into a deep sleep for a while. You must take care of your safety and any periods of instability. If you can't handle it, just call for me."


"Sleep well," Huang Quan replied.


"Okay," the voice responded before falling silent.


Huang Quan extended her hand, holding the jade pendant necklace. She muttered softly, "You brought me here, what do you hope I'll do?"


The jade pendant remained unresponsive, returning to its previous state.


Huang Quan let out a soft laugh. "Interesting."


Since the jade pendant wasn't responding, she decided to go with the flow and take things one step at a time.


To be the Miss of the Nangong family, to be the sister of Nangong Mian, if she was going to be this person, then those who caused harm to this person would have to pay the price.


After a comfortable bath, Huang Quan got dressed and walked out.


When she opened the door, she saw Nangong Mian waiting outside, and for a moment, a warm feeling flowed through her heart.


"Third Brother," Huang Quan looked at Nangong Mian and said gently, "I'm all clean."


Nangong Mian didn't speak but led Huang Quan to sit on a stone bench outside. He stood behind her and used his spiritual energy to dry her hair. "Quan Quan, I'm sorry."


"Third Brother, you don't need to apologize; it's not your fault," Huang Quan said. "Even if you weren't attending classes or on missions, as a young man, you can't be with me every moment of every day."


"If Qin QianQian wants to bully me, she can always find her opportunity somehow."



Comments