Chapter 24

Table of contents

Nangong Mian had always been protective of Huang Quan. Seeing that she wanted to be friends with Ye Qin, he decided not to press the matter further. He said, "Alright, if you really want to be friends with him, I won't stand in your way."

He added, "Quan Quan, all I wish for you is happiness, safety, and good health. I don't ask for anything more."


Huang Quan smiled and replied gently, "Third brother, I know."


While her third brother wished for her happiness, safety, and health, she also wished for him the same..


Nangong Mian smiled with relief and then turned to the dean, expressing his gratitude. "Dean, thank you for speaking on our behalf."


"You're too polite, Nangong kid," the dean replied. "You have outstanding talent, and you will go far. I hope you won't dwell on today's events and focus on your training."


"The reason why people fear the Qin family is not just because they have a Prime Minister, but also because they have a third-level Spiritual Master. When your cultivation surpasses his, you won't have to fear the Qin family or any other noble houses anymore. By then, you will no longer be a target."


"Becoming stronger will allow you to better protect Nangong girl," even though she appeared perfectly capable of protecting herself.


Nangong Mian nodded and said, "I understand, Dean."


"Good," the dean patted Nangong Mian's shoulder. "Your teacher will return in a few days, and when he does, you should prepare for the upcoming training."


However, Nangong Mian frowned and said, "Dean, I won't be participating in this training."


The dean inquired, "Why not? Your teacher leads the training, and it's safe. It not only improves your combat skills but also provides the opportunity to collect spiritual herbs. Don't you need those herbs?"


"Yes, I do need spiritual herbs," Nangong Mian admitted, looking at Huang Quan before shaking his head. "But this time, I won't be going."


After her near-drowning incident and her sudden act of killing, Huang Quan appeared normal, but Nangong Mian still wanted to keep a close eye on her. He wanted to observe her closely for a while to ensure that she didn't develop any problems that he might overlook.


Huang Quan, fully aware of Nangong Mian's concerns, thought for a moment and said, "Third brother, you can rest assured. I'll take care of myself. Even that third son of the Qin family who is a Level 6 Spirit Master couldn't defeat me. There's no one who can harm me. So, you can relax."


The dean also added, "I will keep an eye on Nangong girl here. You don't need to worry, go with peace of mind."


Without waiting for Nangong Mian's refusal, the dean continued, "This training will take place in the inner region of the Tianhuang Mountain Range. Only fifty students will participate, led by five teachers, with the company of our second and third elders for added security. It's a rare opportunity, and you might even find a good number of spiritual herbs. Nangong kid, please consider going."


Nangong Mian wanted to participate but was concerned about Huang Quan's condition. He felt conflicted and, after a while, said, "Dean, my teacher won't be back for a few more days. I'll think about it."


He wanted to spend the next few days with Huang Quan and, if she showed no signs of problems, he would join the training.


"Alright," the dean said. "Take your time to think about it."


Nangong Mian agreed with a nod.


"Go to your classes now," the dean said. "I'll make sure Nangong girl gets back safely."


Nangong Mian thanked the dean and added, "I'll focus on my training to bring honor to our academy. It's my way of showing gratitude."


He smiled and then turned to Huang Quan, saying, "Quan Quan, I'm off to class. Get some rest at home."


Huang Quan nodded and said, "I understand."


Nangong Mian nodded in return and prepared to leave. However, he noticed that Huang Quan was still holding Ye Qin's hand and immediately said with a serious tone, "Let go."



Comments