Chapter 29

Table of contents

Ye Qin replied, "I learned it during my training outside."

Nangong Mian nodded, "That makes sense. During your travels, you won't have chefs around, so you have to cook for yourself."


"True," Ye Qin agreed.


Nangong Mian looked at him and asked, "If you showed the same warmth to me as you do to my sister, I wouldn't be so cautious about you. You're very indifferent to others, but so gentle with my sister. Do you have some special feelings for her?"


Ye Qin sighed and replied, "I just met her today."


"But you are very gentle with her."


"She saved my life," Ye Qin explained. "If I treated someone who saved my life like I treat others, wouldn't that be ungrateful?"


Nangong Mian stared into his eyes, trying to read something from them, but Ye Qin remained composed and gave nothing away. The more Nangong Mian looked, the more he realized that Ye Qin was indeed blessed by the heavens.


Why did he have to look so good?


However, although he had these thoughts, Nangong Mian didn't voice any objections to Ye Qin staying. Instead, he said, "Considering the good food you've prepared, I'll allow you to stay. But if you stay, you'll be responsible for Quan Quan's meals."


"Quan Quan's health is not great, and she usually has no appetite for food. She eats very little. But today, she ate quite a bit of the food you prepared. I would like to request that you continue taking care of her," Nangong Mian added. "I don't have anything to offer you as a token of my gratitude right now. But once I find something suitable, I'll give it to you as a reward for looking after Quan Quan."


Ye Qin replied, "You don't have to do that. She saved my life, and taking care of her is the right thing to do."


"It's different when I request your help," Nangong Mian insisted. "If it's a favor, then it should be rewarded. If you don't want a reward, you can ask for something else. As long as it's within my ability, I won't refuse."


Understanding Nangong Mian's perspective, Ye Qin agreed, "I will take good care of her."


"Good," Nangong Mian nodded. "Get ready. Once you're done, I'll take you to your room."


"No need," Ye Qin replied. "Huang Quan has already arranged a room for me."


Nangong Mian raised an eyebrow, "So you two decided everything before I even got back?"


Ye Qin smiled and nodded in response to Nangong Mian's question.


Nangong Mian didn't say anything but watched as Ye Qin went about his tasks in the kitchen.


Later, as they both returned to the courtyard, they found Huang Quan already there, reading a book.


Seeing the two of them back, she greeted them with a smile, "Why did it take you so long?"


Nangong Mian approached her, took the book from her hands, and looked at it in surprise. "Why are you suddenly reading this book, Quan Quan?"


This book was called "History of Zhongzhou Continent," and it was a popular text that covered the four major empires of theZhongzhou Continent, as well as various smaller states and special regions. It was a comprehensive reference for understanding the continent.


The book had been sitting in the library for quite some time, and Huang Quan had never shown an interest in it. Nangong Mian wondered why she had picked it up now.


Huang Quan smiled and replied, "Brother, I'm just casually flipping through it. Nothing serious."


Comments