Chapter 32

Table of contents

The steward felt his scalp tingle under the weight of that gaze but went on to explain, "It's like this... The people who went there also mentioned that it was at the behest of the academy's dean."

Prime Minister Qin's expression grew even darker upon hearing this!


He had initially thought it was just a teacher from the academy supporting someone, but it turned out to be the dean.


This wasn't just any ordinary teacher; it was someone with considerable authority. Prime Minister Qin felt some trepidation and decided not to say much. He continued walking with a stern face.


"Big brother!"


As soon as Prime Minister Qin entered the courtyard, Third Master Qin hurriedly approached him. "Big brother, I'm useless. I couldn't accomplish the task you entrusted to me, nor could I avenge Qianqian."


As he spoke, Third Master Qin was in tears, showing deep self-blame. In the past, if he had sincerely admitted his mistakes like this, Prime Minister Qin wouldn't have argued further. However, this time...


"You're a waste!" Prime Minister Qin shouted. "Qianqian was the legitimate daughter of our Qin family and the future candidate for the crown prince's consort. Now that she's been killed, and you couldn't even avenge her, if this gets out, how will others view our Qin family?"


Third Master Qin's body trembled under the harsh words, and he stammered, "Big brother, I'm indeed useless, but the academy's people have also been interfering. Moreover, that Huang Quan is truly mysterious."


Prime Minister Qin stopped in his tracks and furrowed his brow. "What do you mean?"


Realizing that his big brother was unaware that Huang Quan had injured him, Third Master Qin hesitated. He knew that if his big brother found out, he wouldn't have just been scolded as a "waste" when he entered.


Third Master Qin didn't want to lose face, but he had no choice. If he didn't explain the mysterious aspects of Huang Quan, he would be seen as even more incompetent in his big brother's eyes.


He recounted the events at the academy in detail to Prime Minister Qin.


After listening, Prime Minister Qin's expression grew even darker. "Are you sure what you're saying is true?"


Third Master Qin quickly assured him, "Big brother, it's all true. Many people were there as witnesses, and you can ask others. I really can't find any excuses for my own incompetence."


"I doubt you would dare," Prime Minister Qin said, his brows furrowing. "But isn't that Huang Quan a waste? How could she hurt you if she doesn't have the ability?"


"I don't know. That's precisely why it feels mysterious."


"In a few days, there will be a new semester at the academy. At that time, we'll have to take the students for training. At that point, Nangong Mian should also be going," Prime Minister Qin said coldly. "I'll send some experts to accompany you. Infiltrate the academy and bring her to me!"


"She caused Qianqian's death and prevented our Qin family from forming a marriage alliance with the royal family. In that case, we'll send her to court to please the Second Prince."


"Big brother, rest assured, I will definitely accomplish it this time!"


Prime Minister Qin glanced at him and said, "I hope so."


"Alright, you can rest now. I'll be on my way." Prime Minister Qin spoke and walked away without further words for Third Master Qin.


*


"Tomorrow, Third Brother will be going out for training," Huang Quan looked at Ye Qin sitting opposite her and said, "Once he's gone, it'll be just the two of us."


"Yes."


"At that time, I'll take you out to have some fun."


Ye Qin looked at her and asked, "Aren't you afraid to go out, considering that the Qin family wants to capture you?"


"Am I afraid of them?" Huang Quan smiled, "I've said it before, if they don't provoke me, I won't take the initiative to harm them. But if they come to provoke me, I don't mind dealing with as many as they send."


"However..." Huang Quan looked at Ye Qin with a smile, "You've been at the academy these days, haven't gone out, and yet you know that the Qin family wants to target me. It seems like you have your own connections in the capital."


"Yes," Ye Qin didn't deny it. "Do you want them? I can give them all to you."


Huang Quan shook her head. "Those are your connections. What would I do with them?"


"You saved me," Ye Qin looked at her and said with a smile. "What's mine is yours."


Huang Quan: "..." Is she being flirted with again?


Comments