Chapter 69

Table of contents

Now that Quanquan had become more powerful, Nangong Mian no longer had to worry about her being bullied.

"I'm also happy to have become stronger," Huang Quan responded, her smile as radiant as the sun. "With increased strength, I can not only protect myself but also you, my third brother." Nangong Mian's eyes brimmed with tenderness at her words, and he returned her smile.


"I'll look out for myself," Nangong Mian assured her. "Quanquan, focus on your own well-being. Even though I may not be as powerful as you right now, I can certainly catch up."


Huang Quan regarded him seriously, saying, "If you want to catch up with me, third brother, you should take on more tasks. I used the Bone Flower Ye Qin helped me obtain to refine the Bone Flower Pill. It cost over ten million, and after deducting the capital, I made a substantial profit."


"Money isn't a concern," Huang Quan continued. "From now on, third brother, you don't need to worry about anything. Just focus on your cultivation." She then suggested, "In a little over a month, we'll be competing in the Tianqi Empire. The academy will surely select you, third brother. So, go ahead and concentrate on raising your cultivation level by one rank before the competition. How does that sound?"


Nangong Mian was taken aback by her suggestion. Cultivation wasn't something that could be elevated at will. When you were on the brink of a breakthrough but couldn't make it, using an Advancement Pill might help, but it could also lead to an unstable foundation.


Nangong Mian chose not to share this with Huang Quan, simply responding with a smile, "I'll do my best."


Huang Quan reassured him, "Don't worry, third brother. I'll do everything in my power to help you improve."


Curious, Nangong Mian inquired, "Quanquan, you can refine Bone Flower Pills. Can you also refine other elixirs?"


Nangong Mian wasn't aware of the rank of the Bone Flower Pill in alchemy, but he knew it had to be quite challenging to create. Huang Quan didn't possess the dual spiritual roots of fire and wood that alchemists typically required, so Nangong Mian was unsure of her alchemy level and sought clarification.


Huang Quan nodded in response, saying, "I can refine all types of elixirs."


Nangong Mian was delighted to hear her sister's response, saying, "My sister is truly remarkable."


Huang Quan, who often enjoyed compliments, responded with a touch of narcissism, as she usually did, "Of course, I'm amazing."


This response caught Nangong Mian by surprise, and he couldn't help but chuckle in response.


Huang Quan continued, "No one knows about my spiritual power, so I don't plan to take the alchemist qualification certificate test right now. But don't worry, I'll take it in the future, third brother. So, you don't need to be worried."


Nangong Mian nodded and smiled, saying, "Okay, okay. By the way, hasn't Ye Qin been with you all this time? Why isn't he with you today?"


Huang Quan's expression turned a bit forlorn as she mentioned Ye Qin. "Ye Qin left yesterday."


Only a single day had passed since his departure, but she already missed him terribly.


Nangong Mian inquired, "Is he gone temporarily or for some other reason?"


Huang Quan responded, "He's gone temporarily. He'll be back soon."


As they conversed, Huang Quan's spirits were lifted again because of Ye Qin's imminent return. She couldn't help but feel elated at the thought that he would come back eventually.


Nangong Mian also secretly hoped for Ye Qin's return. With Ye Qin around, Huang Quan's overall condition seemed to improve, which brought Nangong Mian peace of mind.


The two returned to their courtyard together. Huang Quan prepared some porridge and nutritious dishes for Nangong Mian. After ensuring that he had eaten, she urged him to get some rest.


Nangong Mian felt that he didn't particularly need rest at the moment. Besides feeling a bit weak, he had no other issues. However, out of consideration for his sister's wishes, he decided to take some rest as she suggested.


Comments